What to Do After Being Involved in a  Car Accident in Fort Wayne?

Car accidents happen all the time, and they can be devastating. The days, weeks, or even months after a car accident can be just as difficult. You may be wondering what to do after being involved in a car accident in Fort Wayne.  However, car accident lawyers from Delventhal Law Office, LLC, can help you with what to do after a Fort Wayne car accident.

These attorneys help clients with auto accident claims throughout the greater Fort Wayne area. They ensure that the rights of victims are protected and the victims are properly compensated for the injuries incurred.

Anyways, here are the important steps you should take after being involved in a car accident in Fort Wayne.

  • Call the police

This is the first thing you should do. The police will come to the scene of the accident, so you can explain what happened.  You will also be able to provide them with your driver’s license, registration, and insurance information. The police will then create a report with all this information.

  • Get medical attention

Depending on the severity of your injuries, you must visit a doctor after your accident.  You may even need to get urgent medical attention right away. Do not just assume that you are fine physically and do not need medical attention. It is necessary to get checked in a doctor’s office and undergo a physical examination. If you want to get compensation for your injuries later on, it is necessary to get a medical report from the doctor. So, it is best to get checked by a doctor even if you don’t notice any injuries visible at the time of the accident.

  • Document the accident

Documenting the accident is vital, as this will be used in court.  Take photos and videos of the accident scene, so you have evidence that it was not your fault. You can document the spot of the accident with either your phone or a camera.

  • Collect the details of eyewitnesses

You should speak with the eyewitnesses of the accident. This will help you in proving that the accident was not your fault.  They may have valuable information about the accident, which can be used in court.

  • Speak to a car accident lawyer

If the accident was not your fault, you need to contact a personal injury lawyer who will fight for your rights.  You may be entitled to compensation depending on the severity of your injuries and how much liability you have in this case. Your attorney can evaluate all the evidence and help you with what to do after being involved in a car accident.

Posted in Law